Friends of Baden Powell
All parents, carers and teachers automatically become a member of the Friends’ of Baden Powell.
The Friends’ of Baden Powell have two main roles:–
- To Provide support and resources which help the school enrich the curriculum for all pupils – this essentially means fundraising for materials or activities which will improve the opportunities available to all pupils;
- To develop effective relationships between all members of the school community, in practice this means running the Friends of Baden Powell meetings and organising social events to raise funds (such as craft and quiz evenings) to get parents, staff, governors and pupils together.
Our work to date has funded a wide range of things, including the new school playground project and the Jubilee party. We are always open to fundraising suggestions and how money raised should be spent.
The Friends’ of Baden Powell meet at least once a term to plan events and discuss fundraising ideas. The meetings lasts for no more than an hour. Childcare for the over 5s is usually provided to help more people to come along to meetings. Please look out for letters or posters advertising meetings.
The Friends’ of Baden Powell have charitable status. The purpose of this is we can access a number of grants to try and raise funds to support activities outside of our normal activities.
Baden Powell Primary School have registered to this retailer’s website. By shopping through this website you can raise money for the school AT NO EXTRA COST TO YOURSELF. How does it work?
- Log on to www.easyfundraising.org.uk
- Click on ‘Create an account’
- Select ‘I want to support a good cause’
- Enter ‘Friends of Baden Powell’ into the search box and click on Find
- Click on Support next to Friends of Baden Powell
- Complete the form (takes 2 minutes) to register.
- That’s it! Remember to log on to your retailer’s website through the easy fundraising website and you will automatically raise money for the school every time you shop.
Some Common Questions & Answers
- Do I have to attend Friends of Baden Powell Meetings in order to be involved?
No! There are a range of opportunities for you, including helping at fetes, donating cakes, raffle prizes or assisting with fundraising applications.
- I have lots of fundraising ideas but cannot attend meetings – how can I suggest these?
Please contact James Smith (Chair), Fiona McKay (Secretary) or Karen Stuart (Treasurer) and your ideas and suggestions will be taken to the next meeting.
Thank you for visiting this page on Baden Powell’s website – with your support we can form stronger links within the school community and raise money towards creating greater opportunities for all children.