Admissions – Nursery
At Baden Powell nursery we admit children aged between three and above. From September 2017, some working parents will be eligible for a full-time place (30 hours per week) or a part-time place (15 hours per week). Parents who wish to be considered for a full-time place will need to check their eligibility the school term before their child is due to start nursery. This can be done online at www.gov.uk/childcare-calculator. Eligible parents will receive a 10 digit code which must be given to the school before the closing date for applications.
Parents can download an application form from the school website or obtain an application form from the main school office. These forms must be returned to the school. Parents must bring along supporting evidence with all application forms – a copy of your child’s birth certificate, council tax bill and a utility bill. We regret that we are unable to process applications without these supporting evidence. We require these information to ensure places are allocated fairly and reflect the Hackney Learning Trust admission procedures. The school will write to parents as soon as a place is available for their child.
Many of our pupils join the school at nursery age and continue into reception, although a place in the nursery does not guarantee pupils a place in the main school.
Admissions to Reception
If you are a Hackney resident and your child was born between 1 September 2014 and 31 August 2015, you should apply for a reception school place by 15 January 2019.
Baden Powell Reception Admission Policy is governed by the Hackney Learning Trust admission procedures. Full details of the reception form and admissions criteria are available on the Hackney Learning Trust website www.learningtrust.co.uk, however we are happy to offer advice.
Reception places are allocated centrally by the Hackney Learning Trust. Parents must submit their application via the www.eadmissions.org.uk website by the 15th January 2019.
In the Hackney Learning Trust criteria parents are encouraged to state six preferences for a school and the following criteria are applied to determine priorities:
- Children looked after by a local authority;
- Children whose acute medical or social need justifies the allocation of a place at a particular school;
- Children whose parents can take up or keep a teaching post in one of Hackney’s schools;
- Children with brothers and sisters at the school at the time of the proposed admission;
- Children living nearest to the main entrance of the school as measured in a straight line on a map or using a GIS computerised mapping system;
Useful publications from the Hackney Learning Trust:
In-year admissions are applications made for school places at any time during the school year. The process is managed by the Hackney Learning Trust. They process applications on a three weekly cycle.
Making an in-year application
- You will need to request an In-year application form by telephone or email – details below or you can download the form.
- Follow the guidance for completing the form, if your child is currently on roll or just recently left a primary school in the UK you must get the Part 2 form completed by the school before submitting your application form, and return to the Admissions Team
- Send with your application a copy of your child’s passport or birth certificate and proof of your UK resident address, Council Tax bill and Utility bill to School Admissions Team, 1 Reading Lane, E8 1GQ
If you require further advice, please contact The Admissions Team:
- Tel: 020 8820 7707 / 020 8820 7798 / 020 8820 7397
- Email: email@example.com